If you are happiest in an agile environment, with complex projects to oversee, there is a digital revolution underway in the UK and at CGI, you can help shape it. Our teams are bursting with talent and ideas, and are ready to help you deliver transformative digital work for high profile clients. In particular, our Insurance team are looking for an experienced SCRUM Master with excellent experience of managing and delivering on complex fast-paced programmes of work. This is initially a fixed term contract.
From public service systems to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. Specifically for this role you will be working with a key client of CGI’s working within the London Insurance Market.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? Be a successful part of our story and we will support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As the Senior Project Manager and SCRUM Master you will take ownership of the delivery elements of a portfolio of inter-related projects and work streams to achieve the agreed business outcomes for the client(s). You will be responsible for the achievement of the programme’s delivery objectives, which include business outcomes as well as the individual project deliverables.
• The role is to lead the internal delivery of the Programme, through leading the functional teams delivery (Development, Testing, Architecture, Security, Business Analysis and UX / UI) and in supporting the Programme Manager:
• Deliver the Programme to time, budget and quality achieving the agreed outcomes
• Manage and report status, progress, risks and issues to senior internal stakeholders in support of PMO
• Develop and maintain consistent adherence the Delivery Ways of Working (Scrum)
- 8 Week Delivery Cycle
- Status Reporting
- Management of Internal Risks and Issues
- Dependency Management
• Production of key Programme documentation in support of Deliverables
• Support the Programme Manager and Functional Teams with recruitment, professional services onboarding and third party management
• Effective day to day oversight of the Nearshore Delivery Team through the establishment of an optimal remote working approach
• Validation of Sprint Plans accounting for the multiple technologies as defined in the Systems Architecture and High Level Design documents
• Management of Programme Deliverables (Both those contained within the Definition of Done and those associated documentation artefacts e.g. HLD, To Be Process Maps
• Ensure internal Programme Deliverables (as per the programme Deliverables Log) are delivered as per target dates
• Support the PMO in managing, evolving and shaping the L1, L2, L3 and L4 plans for the Programme
• Support the PMO in ensuring appropriate programme tooling is in place and optimised
• Manages the successful internal delivery of a Programme with internal responsibility and accountability for a portfolio of internal and external deliverables.
• Oversees the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting against completion of significant and competing objectives
• Establishes and implements alongside the Programme Manager appropriate processes to understand, control and report on budgets, ensuring these are consistent, comprehensive and complementary across the portfolio of projects/activities
• Pro-actively identifies key changes and balances the needs of all internal stakeholders at the highest levels to gain their engagement and commitment to the business and commercial outcomes.
• Effectively manages ambiguity and change, and ensures that commitments are fulfilled
• Identifies, tracks and manages risk including those arising from external factors such as economic, political, industry or technological
• Identifies and implements remedial actions and plans to ensure project objectives continue to be met.
• Establishes an appropriate risk-management culture throughout the project team
• Leads collaborative working practices across multiple and complex supply channels (e.g. internal, client, 3rd party suppliers and partners)
• Maintains an up-to-date overview of portfolio/project status
• Evaluates competing issues and establishes priorities
• Roots out and identifies trends in order to take appropriate preventative action
• Works constructively with management team to exploit best practice
• Shares knowledge of industry and account with business engineering teams.
• Delegates effectively and appropriately
• Balances the needs of the Programme with the career development aspirations of members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal person for this role will be a Professional SCRUM Master with certifications such as PSM and SPC. You will also have a Practitioner level qualification in Prince2 or PMI’s PMPA. Membership of a Professional Project Management organisation such as APM, PMI, BCS.
It is essential that you have extensive programme delivery experience either as a Project Manager or Programme Delivery Manager. You will also be able to evidence the successful implementation of Agile and Scrum Methodology and techniques on more than one project. It is also essential that you have experience and evidence of managing multiple work-streams and an ability to work to timelines and distinct target dates. You will be an effective communicator at all levels, both written and verbally and will be an expert with the use of key Delivery Tooling such as Jira, Confluence, and TFS.
Experience of managing a fast paced, complex project within the insurance sector or other financial sectors is highly desirable.
Other desirable experience:
• Experience of Business Readiness and Technical Readiness Delivery (i.e. Transition)
• Experience of Low Code Development Delivery
• Experience of Integration (API) Development Delivery
• Familiar with Testing practices and methodology:
Ideally, we will look to base you out of either our London or Chelmsford offices, however we can also consider other base locations.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Delivery Management
· Project Management
· Scrum Master