If you’re happiest in an agile environment, with complex projects to oversee, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK and at CGI where you can help shape it where our teams are bursting with talent and ideas, and are ready to help you to deliver transformative digital changes for high profile clients.
From public service systems to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you where our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
We're looking for an experienced Scrum Master to lead Development teams to deliver agreed outcomes to help us meet growing demand from our clients. We have clients across multiple industries in both the private and public sectors, and our work varies from rapid prototyping to multi-year digital transformation projects where some travel may be required on rare occasions.
This role requires you to hold, or be eligible to hold, the appropriate level of UK Security Clearance to be considered. Anyone not willing to apply for the relevant clearance should not apply.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Scrum Master you will be working with our existing agile practitioners across the UK, you will be responsible for:
· Defining and governing the Agile best practices within the new engineering centre or remotely.
· Working closely with the engineering teams and leads to provide the most effective delivery processes.
· On a day to day basis you will be heavily involved in delivering projects – ensuring appropriate and efficient delivery of prioritised work.
· You will facilitate events of the Scrum framework.
· Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha, beta, production)
· Experience working with and across scrum teams of varying sizes, and holding ‘scrum of scrum’ meetings to co-ordinate work across working teams.
· Software delivery using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
· Planning, leading, organising, and motivating agile teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in line with programme standards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You will be someone who already makes a difference, and we will give you the freedom and responsibility to continue doing so. You will have demonstrable experience as a Scrum Master in a client facing team (not internal development), as a Delivery Manager successfully implementing software development projects using Agile methodologies, managing projects of medium size and complexity in a high-tech development environment with cross functional teams.
Successful delivery of at least 1 large, complex Agile project and 2 medium sized projects working as an integral part of the delivery team. You may be currently a lead developer or team lead who has a lot of experience in leading agile teams and is looking to move more into a more formal Scrum Master role. You must come from a technical background and are able to understand the technical constraints and complexities of delivering modern software.
You will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work with internal and external clients, as well as sales and business stakeholders within the business. As part of your role you will be also involved in Bid and Pre-Sales activities as part of CGI’s business generation initiatives.
You will also have demonstrable experience of managing agile teams that are remote from the client base and will be able to bring best practice in that area. You'll want to use the latest open technology and open standards, and to take ownership of your work.
You will become part of a fast-growing, pioneering working environment as we continue to grow our business over the coming months and years.
Essential Qualifications / Skills
· A relevant Bachelor’s Degree
· Certified ScrumMaster
· SAFe Agilist Certification (SA) (Alternative Scaled frameworks may be accepted)
· Atlassian Project Management Toolset (Jira, Confluence)
· Other relevant qualifications / skills may be accepted
Desired Qualifications (What will set you apart from others)
· A relevant Masters Degree
· Advanced Certified ScrumMaster
· SAFe Program Consultant Certification (SPC) (Alternative Scaled frameworks may be accepted)
· Agile PM
· Other relevant qualifications may be accepted
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.