Founded in 1976, CGI has evolved into one of the largest independent IT and business process services firms in the world! We provide end-to-end IT, Business Process and Management Consulting services to clients worldwide from our major centres in Canada, the United States, Europe, and Asia.
We're a Platinum partner of Salesforce.com and offer Salesforce Consulting Services and custom application development on the Force.com platform. To support project delivery, CGI has established a worldwide Salesforce.com Centre of Expertise in Montreal, QC, to provide architecture and standard methodologies support for Salesforce initiatives globally. We've been delivering Salesforce.com projects since 2006, and over 150,000+ users worldwide use a Salesforce.com implementation completed by CGI.
CGI’s Salesforce practice is a highly visible and strategic component to our overall Cloud Strategy and the BC Salesforce.com practice is growing rapidly to support our clients across western Canada. Come and be a part of a recognized, highly proficient, and strategic business! You'll have an opportunity to work with some of the best Salesforce.com specialists across Canada.
We're looking for an outstanding Intermediate Force.com Developer to join our team to work directly with our clients, team members and partners implementing custom Salesforce.com and Force.com applications. This is an exciting role for you to demonstrate your passion for technical, hands-on development work while taking your career to the next level.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Participate in the full SDLC from technical design to development, testing and deployment
• Design, build, test and deploy Salesforce Platform solutions that may include form point-and-click configurations, workflows and flows, APEX triggers, Custom Web Services, VisualForce pages, Lightning (Aura and LWC)
• Design and build Interfaces between Salesforce Platform and other applications
• Provide support and administrative assistance to existing Salesforce clients
• Interact directly with our customers and the CGI team, including consultants, architects and pre-sales to ensure customer success
• Contribute to the estimation and timeline process
• Coach, mentor and provide technical leadership to entry level colleagues
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 2+ years of Salesforce Platform development experience with proven knowledge and experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and Salesforce Platform
• 2+ years of progressive Enterprise Applications Development and customization experience (with Salesforce, Java, and/or Microsoft technologies)
• Strong overall development skills throughout the SDLC with a preference for Agile methodology
• Demonstrated ability to deliver Salesforce solutions based on SFDC standards and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to deliver well structured and documented code
• Experience with Salesforce DevOps tools (e.g. Salesforce DX, Git, Jenkins, Copado, GearSet)
• Experience working on and deploying complex enterprise level solutions
• Experience delivering custom application solutions driven by customer needs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Post-secondary education in a relevant subject area or equivalent work experience
• One or more Salesforce certifications (e.g. Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I, Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant, Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant)
• Experience in at least 3 of the nice to have skills
Nice to Have Experience
• Salesforce integration tools (e.g. MuleSoft, Informatica, Dell Boomi)
• AppExchange Products (e.g., Conga, DocuSign, Eloqua, Skuid)
• Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick) or other CPQ solutions (e.g. Apptus)
• Public cloud platforms (at least one of: Azure, AWS, GCP, Heroku)
• User interface design using HTML / CSS / JS
• Data residency tools (e.g., CipherCloud, Perspecsys)
• Other CRM applications (e.g., MS Dynamics CRM, Oracle Siebel)
• Professional Services and/or Government and/or Utilities industries
• Various methodologies such as: AGILE / ITIL / CMMI / ISO, etc.
• Experience working for major professional services providers
• Passion for solving customer challenges by maximizing technology solutions
• Desire and ability to define and model complex business processes and use cases
• Highly driven, resourceful, and able to self-manage in a fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Able to establish rapport and develop highly effective working relationships with clients
Location: Victoria or Vancouver, BC with occasional travel (10%) to Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Salesforce Development
· Salesforce Sales Cloud
· Communication (Oral/Written)
· Salesforce Comm. Cloud Cons.
· MS Dynamics CRM