Ratabase Business Analyst
CGI is seeking an experienced Property & Casualty Insurance Business Analyst with knowledge using CGIs Ratabase Insurance Solution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Implementing a Rating solution using the CGI Ratabase product for customer Personal and Commercial lines of business, working within a team of rating analysts. This role will implement and support several lines of business, including Workers Comp, Automobile, General Liability, Property and Equipment breakdown for a major insurance client.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understanding Insurance Rating manuals and consolidating customer requirements into a requirements document.
• Perform gap analysis on various insurance or other financial systems.
• Work with Database Architects to design object oriented structures and algorithms for the rating process.
• Use the Ratabase Next Generation solution to implement rating databases.
• Develop test plans and participate in the testing process to ensure quality project deliverables.
• Acts as a mentor to other consultants.
• Interacts with other team members and clients to ensure quality solution.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• College degree and/or 5 years applicable business experience.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in using Ratabase Product Builder application
• In depth experience in one or more of these disciplines: insurance rating, business systems design, statistical interface, underwriting, billing, and/or claims experience.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other Windows applications.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Confidence working through client issues
• Ability to work independently
• Thrive in a team environment
• Dedicated to quality
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Knowledge of Visio software.
• Presentation Skills
• Project leadership skills
• Mentoring skills
• Programming background.
• Testing or Q/A experience.
• Experience using Ratabase or maintenance of another rating product
• Experience in Agile Methodology or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Understanding of project management.
• Quick learner.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $52,000-$85,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Business Analysis
· P&C Insurance