CGI is currently seeking a Project Coordinator who has a minimum of 1-3 years working experience in project management and/or project coordination and/or project support, preferably with experience working in a consulting/contracting or information technology environment supporting Service Delivery Managers and Technical leaders
As this account continues to grow, we are pleased to be able to offer an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated individual to join our project coordination team! This role is based full time at the client site and offers a relaxed office based work environment allowing for autonomous work. All training will be provided as needed in a collaborative, on the job approach
Various social events, both formal and informal, are offered within the team and at CGI. With client mandated long weekends and a flexible working schedule, a positive work-life balance is encouraged.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual wanting to progress their career. It will challenge the successful candidate to develop and enhance their project coordination and administration skills in a fast moving environment across multiple delivery teams for an individual client and to further develop their interpersonal skills. This is an opportunity to gain experience with a geographically disparate team and the challenges which that can sometimes bring.
Our ideal candidate will work closely with the individual team managers as well as the account executive to ensure project control procedures are followed and account level requirements are kept up to date.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Schedule and participate in project meetings, capture key decisions, communicate decisions as appropriate
• Monitor project timesheets for tracking the overall effort and budget and for invoice entry and reconciliation
• Assist with project reporting
• Assist with monitoring project schedules, efforts, budgets and deliverables
• Identify and propose process improvements
• Identify, analyze and escalate any issues, risks or challenges
• Respond to project-related queries
• Respond to auditor requests
• Maintain project and account documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skill
• Quick learner / adaptable
• Detail oriented
• Proven experience with forecasting and budgeting
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures
• Works well independently and within a team environment
• Strong knowledge of SharePoint to create and maintain project sites
• Good MS Office skills
• Ability to take ownership of a process and improve it.
• Ability to effectively write technical, informational or process documentation.
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Administrative Support
· Communication (Oral/Written)
· Microsoft Project
· Risk Management / Analysis