Product Owner (Agile, Product Mgmt)
CGI has an immediate need for a Product Owner (Agile, Product Mgmt) to join our financial services team in Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
CGI is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven, and a candidate who can be a strong catalyst to technological transformation of our clients path to production and the DevOps value chain. Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent product management/product development background, has Agile experience, and experience as a technical product owner. Candidates must have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, actively participate in teamwork, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage the product development team to create a strong end product
• Nurture ideas and solutions to existing customer problems
• Communicate effectively with team members to achieve project goals
• Extract and retrieve information and data sets to improve upon the software
• Determine roadmaps for products in the creation phase
• Work closely with the scrum team throughout the development process • Ability to adapt to changing environments.
• Ability to collaborate well and promote ideas.
• Works well under pressure, handling projects that have a real-time high dependency and challenging business deadlines.
• Supervise and advise the scrum team to meet software expectations
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience as a technical product owner in the industry
• Product management and product development experience
• Strong knowledge of Agile principles and process
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Successful track record of developing products, in-particular keen
• Excellent attention to detail
• Extensive experience in product release process workflow from Product registry to Deploy in production
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience on Front End of mortgage business in loan origination or loan delivery business process.
• AWS exposure, experience with product management for applications deployed on AWS
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Agile / Collaborative Method
· Product Development/Support
· Product Management