Job order - J0822-0838 - Permanent Full Time
Product Application Engineer
Software Development/ Engineering
Houston, Texas, United States
Product Application Engineer
CGI is looking for a Software Engineer who works largely independently within defined projects/work streams and is checked on end results. Has an executional role in design and development projects or acts as an expert tester who designs test scripts and provides overall project guidance and planning support. Advises internally on solving functional and technical problems regarding the assigned applications and Infrastructure.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• This role is related to Administration, Configuration and testing of Bentley Document and Data Management Applications such as ProjectWise and AssetWise which is used for Data and Information Management in both Projects (Green and Brownfield / MOC etc) and Asset Operations, used in both Asset Maintenance as well as Capital Projects space.
• This role will assist with the delivery of Business requirements as defined by the Asset Information Manager or delegate at the assets assist with product testing at the company prior to deployment to production assist with customer Configuration to meet business requirements, Maintenance and Support of Bentley associated IM tools across various deployments in Company, in particular, the company QGC asset located in Queensland Australia.
• The vision for these efforts is to provide a sustainable software portfolio for Projects & Engineering that supports and helps.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience in Digital Project and Digital Asset Management strategies as defined by the Asset Information Manager/s or delegates.
• Expert in Configuration templates (as defined by Information Management) where Vendor Connected Environment is deployed in either Capital projects and/or Assets as required.
• Expert in the understanding of the application and its use in both projects and operations is needed, especially in a SaaS-hosted environment.
• The Product Application Engineer is responsible for the administration and health of the IM Application, i.e., used in various deployments enterprises where being used.
• Experience in upkeeping with the latest versions, hotfixes, service packs, etc., without affecting production deployment.
• Experience in the software development lifecycle, including software evaluation, development, configuration, and software deployment (both the installation and decommissioning of software).
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Information Management