Junior Systems Engineer
• Work for a global IT and business consulting firm
• Get on-the-job mentoring, working with our experienced IT team
• Direct your own learning and build your new IT career by obtaining industry certifications and hands-on experience.
We’re looking for a candidate with the passion, drive and ability to research and investigate new and innovative solutions within a variety of complex environments. Work on everything from legacy physical hosted infrastructure to the latest emerging technologies including;
• Physical Hardware – Hyper Converged Infrastructure, Servers, Datacentre
• Virtual Infrastructure – Desktops, Servers, Appliances
• Storage – SAN, NAS and a variety of storage solutions
• Networks – WANs, LANs, routers, SD-WAN
• Security – Firewalls, SIEM, WAF, Segmentation
• Cloud Based Offerings – Azure, AWS, private
• Modern Workflows - Micro services, Containers, Continuous Integration/Deployment
• Vendors – Citrix, Microsoft, Cisco, Check Point, VMWare, Dell, HP
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Automation, innovation and scripting
• Implement FOSS and COTS products
• Provide technical input for support and project engagements
• Build relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders
• Liaise with vendors for support activities/resolutions
• Incident and problem management as defined by SLAs
• Plan and implement maintenance activities
• Provide valuable input to discussions on system availability, capacity, usability, performance & incidents
• On-Call / after-hours support as required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
This role will suit somebody with a passion for designing, configuring and testing solutions within their own lab (from company or cloud resources) and automating these approaches to develop robust, repeatable and supportable solutions for our customers.
Does this sound like you?
• Built your own PC
• Configured your own network
• Hosted your own dedicated (games) server
• Used a variety of Operating Systems (Window, Linux, MacOS)
• Experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Bash etc.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.