Junior Service Delivery Manager
Be part of something exciting and join CGI as a Service Delivery Manager working within our Global Technology Operations business unit and based from offices in either South Wales, or along the M4 corridor.
If it takes seriously complex IT systems to keep your organisational skills challenged, and you’ve never encountered a network you didn’t want to improve, there’s a digital revolution brewing in the UK that could use your talents.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
As a Service Delivery Manager you take full ownership for the successful delivery of a complex and wide-ranging service contract, or a portfolio of contracts. You will be accountable for all IT and related services provided by CGI to our Clients and responsible for the full service lifecycle including internal and external service support and service delivery.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Successfully delivering one or more service contracts, ensuring that SLAs are met consistently.
• Establishing – or maintaining and improving an existing – service delivery plan, including budgeting and resourcing.
• Reporting in an accurate and timely manner on contract and financial status internally and externally in accordance with standards.
• Identifying, tracking and managing risk, and proposing remedial activities and plans to ensure SLAs continue to be met.
• Working effectively across more than one supply channels (eg internal, client, 3rd party suppliers and partners).
• Leading and managing team members, including both dedicated and shared-service resources.
• Manage the client relationship
• Contribute to securing additional business
• Planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting against service delivery and financial objectives.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Client relationship management experience
• Experience of client relationship management
• Experience of Customer Engagement Project Management
• Proven ability to build rapport, build consensus, set and manage clear expectations with team members and client stakeholders.
• Ability to work with clients and internal teams to listen, understand requirements, prioritize issues and proactively communicate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently, take ownership and drive solutions for the clients.
• Must be able to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and client requests effectively within SLA contractual obligations.
• Experience managing projects, issues, and milestones within the context of the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC).
• Experience in IT related field.
• Experience working with technical project teams, liaising with other teams or departments to deliver technical initiatives.
• Strong understanding of IT outsourcing, technical infrastructures and networking preferred.
• Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills; critical thinker with excellent judgment and initiative.
• Experience making decisions quickly in difficult situations. Ability to take responsibility/ ownership for decisions, seeking advice where appropriate.
• Time management, attention to detail, expectation setting and organizational skills to provide solid service management. Ability to work on own initiatives with minimal management supervision.
• Team-oriented focus, knowledge sharing, expectation management with all project team resources, maintaining a high degree of professionalism in all situations (including high stress).
• Intermediate user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
• Ability to present to audiences of different participants (e.g., executives, clients, technical peers, non-technical professionals) and size.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.