Junior QA Tester
The Health and Compliance group at CGI Federal is looking for Software QA Tester who can be part of a large team in a dynamic and changing environment. Projects include software solution development and maintenance for mission critical applications in the federal healthcare space.
• This is a full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• CGI features over 73,000+ members in 40 countries and provides its global services to 5000+ clients
• CGI offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will interface with Development team and Business Analysts to develop comprehensive test cases and test plans, invoke test cases and tack issues to ensure defect free software releases. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Create or assist in creating test plan
• Generate test cases based on the requirements and other documents
• Create test data required for testing
• Create or assist in creating test automation scripts
• Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/ or automated)
• Report well documented defects in the Defect tracking tool
• Create test logs
• Report test results to the stakeholders
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience in reviewing and understanding requirements for large scale high transaction applications.
• Experience with web application testing. Strong knowledge and experience in all the phases of SDLC.
• Demonstrated experience with Databases and SQL.
• Ability to communicate at both business and technical levels with the stakeholders and developers involved.
• Quick learner with experience working in fact-paced environments
• Ability to work in a team and with multi-tasking skills to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong analytical skills to identify system and business impacts
• Experience using JIRA for requirements management and defect tracking
• Experience in both waterfall and agile methodology is preferred
• Experience with ETL and Analytical Databases is preferred.
• Experience in using Automation tools like Solaris, Selenium and Cucumber
• Experience with Centers form Medicare and Medicaid Services, and/or health care provider data and online data submission process
• ETL, Informatica, Cognos, JAVA, Apache, Websphere, zLinux, Linux, Katalon, Selenium, Cucumber, Ruby and JIRA
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.