Junior DevOps Engineer
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company as a Senior DevOps Engineer, in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
Innovation, technology and service delivery are our focus. Our goal is to ensure our clients remain ahead of the competition. We provide a full spectrum of managed services from IT and business process outsourcing to systems integration and consulting that are transforming our clients’ operations and helping them to succeed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the tooling that makes up the infrastructure platform as well as working with the teams that consume its services.
This individual needs to be able to comfortably interact with development teams, product owners and business stakeholders in order to develop a service that can meet their needs by prioritizing and developing new features and integrations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
• Azure DevOps Engineer or Azure Developer Associate certification an asset
• Minimum 5 years experience working in a Software Development environment
• 3+ years experience with automating environments on Azure Cloud
• 2+ years experience leveraging infrastructure as code tooling ex. TerraForm
• 2+ years experience supporting and managing RedHat LINUX operating systems
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc
• Experience with scripting languages used for automation such as Python, Groovy, Bash, etc.
• Experience managing and deploying development tooling such as Jenkins, GitHub, GitActions, SonarQube, etc.
• Experience with automated image build utilities like Packer and package managers like RPM
• Experience with container runtimes and orchestration such as Kubernetes
• Experience with serverless platforms like Azure ASE, Azure App Config, Functions, etc.
• Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills with a focus on performance tuning, security hardening and high availability
• Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as App Dynamics, ELK, Splunk, Zabbix and Prometheus
• Knowledge of modern software development practices
• Knowledge of infrastructure design, provisioning, and management
• Strong understanding of load balancing and TLS
• Experience working with security governance and audit teams and driving security standards
• Excellent communication skills
• Need to be able to explain technical concepts clearly to business and executive staff
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal/written communication skills with ability to deliver high quality documents at appropriate level of detail
• Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Able to travel between CGI offices and multiple client offices in the GTA (Dependent on COVID-19 restrictions)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.