Junior Data Engineer
CGI helps clients take an enterprise approach to accelerate and maximize their return on technology investments through relevant applied innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Data Engineer to join our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Undergraduate or master’s degree in Math, Engineering, or Computer Science
• 1-2 years work experience in a data analytics or data engineering role designing/architecting/maintaining data pipelines for ETL / ELT
• Passionate about producing clean, maintainable and testable code
• Experience working with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc) considered an asset
• Exceptional skills in SQL, Spark, or other Big Data related technologies
• Proficiency in Python considered an asset
• Strong understanding of databases, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques, and technologies
• Experience in structured problem solving
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Exceptional research and information gathering skills; equipped with the ability to distill knowledge.
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Highly motivated, highly ambitious, and able to work with little direction.
• Independent, self-starter, experience writing and delivering reports.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.