Java Software Engineer (Space)
Are you motivated by the opportunity to work for Galileo? Galileo is Europe’s own global navigation satellite system and will consist of a constellation of 24 satellites and 6 spares. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
To strengthen our team responsible for the development of the Key Management Facility of the Galileo Mission Segment, we are looking for a Java Software Engineer. You will play a key role in developing a mission-critical systems for one of the most prestigious space programmes.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Java Software Engineer on our team, you will be working on a mission-critical system that is part of the Galileo infrastructure. Your work will contribute to the security aspects and data protection of this navigation mission. Software development according to the component and element requirements is the main task of your work, which includes investigation, solution proposal, implementation, and review of code. The system is characterized by a high level of complexity with the added challenge of it being operational and requiring next to 100% availability.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong interest in software development in a highly complex space system, in addition to having advanced analytic skills required for this position. We are seeking someone who is well-organized, energetic, and with a high level of attention to detail to join our team in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
You are responsible for ensuring all code you develop:
• is in line with approved design.
• is in line with SONAR ruleset and GSWS Coding standards.
• is of good quality (i.e., working, well commented, and formatted).
• has its functions covered by unit tests which are built into the CGI continuous integration environment.
• has a proper functional test replicating testing as would be completed by the testing team as close as possible to reduce bug fix rejections.
• is properly peer reviewed and all actions are responded and closed to in a timely manner.
• is written / reviewed in line with the Security Classification and safety level it’s been assigned.
Additionally you are responsible for:
• Performing peer-reviews according to the above.
• Required documentation being in place and reviewed.
• Supporting on-site personnel from your expertise.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with Object-oriented programming languages (preferably Java).
• Comfortable working on a complex integrated system.
• Inquisitive, able to investigate technical problems and debug.
• Quick learner, able to work in a complex system.
• Experience in software design and principles.
• Recent Java experience / certification (OCP).
• Working knowledge of SQL.
• Comfortable performing and receiving peer code reviews.
• Experience with space projects.
• Experience with GSWS standards or equivalent.
• Eligibility for an EU Personal Security Clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL and above is part of the selection procedure
• You have demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills while working in a team.
• Willing to travel to client sites and other CGI offices around Europe.
Education and certification
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications (or equivalent), or experience demonstrating equivalent working level.
Excellent working conditions and an indefinite contract. When you work at CGI, you are right on a challenging workplace with professional colleagues and you are the building block within a close community. We encourage you in your development and offer you all the space. Growth is self-evident.
Apply immediately! More information about the vacancy? Contact Jeroen Meulman via (06) 539 30 249
For other questions about the application procedure, please contact the Recruitment department on (088) 564 00 00 or
Acquisition on account of this vacancy is not appreciated!
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.