If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help. CGI are looking for an experienced Java developer with experience of working within the financial services sector to join their busy team.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are certified as a Great Place to Work. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• You will be working within an agile environment where necessity for rapid delivery co-exists with maintaining global consistency and stability of the application. You will work in a close collaboration with the business stakeholders and with other development teams located in different regions and responsible for various parts of the bank
• Participate in back-end components development/re-engineering/support
• Provide effective technical solutions
• Perform code reviews, ensure code/design quality
• Automated tests development
• Effective communication with stakeholders
• Accurate tasks progress and time reporting
• Release instruction and production rollout review and support
• Code/functionality documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Proven track-record of successful IT project delivery to high-pressure clients
• Significant experience coding with various languages - Java and Java based frameworks essential
• Experience practicing Agile and Test Driven Development
• Experience practicing Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Sound understanding of the electronic trading environment and the technology stack including storage, networking, messaging and hardware
• Exposure across the Big Data landscape with practical experience of products and toolsets that facilitate storing and processing data at scale
• Can demonstrate the ability to thrive within a dynamic, fast paced environment with short delivery cycles and changing requirements
• Experience of working in a robust technology environment with a clear appreciation of software development best practices and change control procedures
• Understanding of the different architectural design patterns
• Understanding of data architecture and protocols
• Ability to develop code to stringent non-functional requirements
• Ability to conduct functional analysis of requirements
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues, such as performance degradation, on existing systems
• Able to operate as part of a team of highly skilled developers
• Understanding of the wider technology landscape, an interest in emerging technologies
• Working understanding of IT security and how it applies to application design, implementation and operation
• A strong understanding of the process of building applications, the technical environment within which they operate, the processes required to successfully manage their day to day operation and their ongoing maintenance and capacity planning
Understanding of SOA & high-level IT architecture and microservices
• Functioning as part of multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience of PaaS based solutions such as OpenShift
• Experience of GCP and associated native services
• Experience with streaming technologies
• Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, HELM and Ansible
• UI skills, pref Angular, highly desirable
• A track-record of development experience in a high-pressure, fast-moving environment e.g. with a leading consulting firm within financial services or an international investment bank and able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the front to development lifecycle
• Solution orientated & pragmatic with sensitivity to business needs & requirements.
• Proven knowledge of IT technical processes and IT implementations
• Has demonstrated superior problem-solving skills
• Desire and commitment to “make a difference”. Dynamic and willing to challenge the status quo
• Proactive, with drive and energy. Ability to deal with continuous change & manage conflict
• Good interpersonal, team member and influencing skills. Able to influence without authority. Commands respect through actions
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.