Sr. Java Developer
CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, full-stack developer for a high-performing Agile team designing and building a modern, services-based web application for a large government agency. Our team is using a modern development stack including Spring, Maven, Java, Elasticsearch, and various additional open-source technologies. You will have the opportunity help build and design an enterprise web application from the ground up which will be used by government agencies, states, and industry to comply with federal reporting requirements, and share and visualize data. Grow your web application development skills with in-demand technologies as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside a passionate customer. This role is onsite at the government facility.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- The candidate will be responsible for participating in all phases of an Agile software development lifecycle, including application design, estimating development activities, authoring application code, participating in code reviews, and demonstrating the software.
- Authoring and reviewing web application code
- Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
- Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
- Participating in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
- Authoring automated testing script for the application
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- General understand of database design and optimizing application access to backend data.
- Continuous direct interaction with clients and end-users to understand software needs and talk through architectural and technical design choices.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated understanding of modern coding practices.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment on development tasks and continuously deliver quality code for team review and product owner demonstration.
- Understanding of RESTful service development.
- Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as customers.
- Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply emerging technologies within the software development industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success
- CGI is not able to sponsor international hires for this position.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Application Development