IT Support Technician
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change— supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. Join our team of professionals in our Belton, Texas office where you will be part of the team that ensures that CGI members and clients across the US have the technology they need to complete their work. In this role, you will be supporting internal end users and external clients on a day-to-day basis by troubleshooting incoming support contacts through phone & email, imaging and deploying workstations, as well as tracking and managing hardware assets. The candidate is expected to participate in continuous process improvement as well as use their experience to enhance CGI’s ability to offer exceptional customer support.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Track, support, and monitor IT support requests to full resolution in a timely manner
• Act as the first line of support for end users by taking incoming phone calls, emails and chat
• The candidate will be responsible for resolving any issues with end user equipment and systems, which may involve dealing with vendors, end-users, other CGI support groups, and corporate management
• The position will require a pro-active approach including recommendations for improvements where necessary and reasonable
• The position will require tasks related to the deployment of end-user computing devices, which may include imaging workstations and end-user configuration. This will require the administrative functions of: scheduling, ticketing, shipping and receiving, tracking and reporting, and problem resolution
• Manage the physical inventory, which includes mobility devices, desktop and laptop computers, peripherals and other hardware, as approved by management
• Full documentation of physical inventory and support procedures is an expected responsibility of the position.
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in an IT support role or help desk environment
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems, various software applications, hardware, networking and, internet technologies
• Exceptional attention to detail is required
• Pro-active/self-starter – must be able to work independently and in a team environment
• Experience documenting technical information into a knowledgebase and/or process documentation
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customers, team members, and management
• Must be dedicated to the role: punctual, self-confident and completely dependable
• Fast learner with a passion for technology
• Must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation
Skill Set, Years of Experience, Proficiency Level
Customer Service, 3+ years, Proficient
Microsoft Excel, 3+ years, Proficient
IT Service Management tool (i.e Remedy, ServiceNow, Cherwell), 3+ years, Proficient
Microsoft Outlook, 3+ years, Proficient
Asset and Configuration Management, 3+ years, Proficient
Windows OS (7/10), 3+ years, Proficient
Macintosh, 3+ years, Proficient
SCCM, 3+ years, Proficient
Image Management, 3+ years, Proficient
End-User Device Management, 3+ years, Proficient
Endpoint Security, 3+ years, Proficient
Minimum Education Required: Associates Degree
Undergraduate degree in IT desired or comparable experience
Hands-on technical training in IT and Management disciplines
If ‘other’: High school or GED will be considered if the member has technical training and/or equivalent work experience
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR COMMENTS
• Work collaboratively across multiple teams to accomplish the goals of the business
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking
• Frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending, crawling under/around objects, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 40 pounds
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Communication (Oral/Written)
· Customer Service & Support
· Help Desk/IT Services
· Microsoft Excel
· Network Administration
· Technical Writing