Infrastructure Client Architect
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping to drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team of passionate product management professionals, architects and engineers in leading design and technical innovation across our Insurance Industry Practices.
We have an immediate need for an Infrastructure Client Architect experienced with Nutanix Hyperconverged Infrastructure technology to join our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Establish partnerships with the client, architect team and designer groups to analyze the situation and agree on outcomes
In charge of designing the technical solution/processes within a specific domain of expertise in compliance with the CGI infrastructure orientations and operational feasibility
Translate logical designs into physical designs to be approved by the architect
Participate in the definition of the implementation strategy
Ensure that the detailed design solution/processes are aligned with the operations and the target solution
Control the quality and acceptance of the detailed design solution/processes into implementation
Ensure the production of the documentation necessary for the proper functioning of the infrastructure during the handover to operational teams
Evaluate the results, benefits and service quality
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Architecture and soft skills to include:
• Hands on understanding of multiple server hardware platforms; operating systems; and virtualisation, backup, and network technologies;
• Ability to learn and quickly adapt to and apply new technologies;
• Familiarity and hands on experience with scripting (Powershell, Python) and automation technologies such as Ansible and Puppet;
• Drive, leadership, and self-motivation to take initiatives from initial thought through to implementation;
• Detail oriented with high standards for quality of work;
• Ability to write clear and concise documentation;
• Ability to create complex business solutions incorporating both technical and financial aspects;
• Build financial pricing models;
• Negotiate and resolve conflicts in sensitive situations; and
• Communicate with Client, CGI executives and IT technical specialists.
Client specific skills requirements: The following are preferred technical skills and are intended to be representative only. This acknowledges that technical skill sets vary, are not all encompassing, and some technologies may substitute for alternative technologies
• Private & Hybrid Cloud Architectures using Nutanix and/or VMWare & Hyper-converged Solutions;
• Datacentre networking and network technologies (specifically firewalls, virtual networking, SDN/ACI and load balancing);
• Network security technologies such as (firewalls, SecurID, ESM/VA Tools, LOG ANALYSIS, NIDS, HIDS, VPN, Authentication);
• Datacenter networking;
• Knowledge of Agile, and core Dev Ops practises;
• Experience with some of the following:
o CloudFoundry or OpenShift
o Azure (preferred), AWS or Google
• Configuration Management – Puppet or Ansible is ideal, but Chef or Salt or other alternatives are acceptable;
• Scripting in Python, Bash or PowerShell;
• Microservices architectures;
• Storage (SAN and NAS) and Backup technologies;
• Physical server hardware;
• Monitoring solutions;
• Identity Management;
• Databases (SQL, DB2); and Techniques and technologies required for High Availability
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.