IT Management Advisor
Oil & Gas client in need of a Business Analyst to manage one or more tactical IM projects, delegated by the IM Manager. This role must be located in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Influences stakeholders in adopting analyses / outcomes.
Actively educates individuals and teams on IM compliance requirements.
Liaises with the business and developers internally and externally to deliver Information Management solutions.
Compares market standard solutions with in-house developed or legacy solutions and regularly provides consultation to the business.
Work activities and advice have strong influence on a wider set of processes and disciplines.
Active in designing fit-for-purpose Information Management solutions and having responsibility for the solution.
Complies with IM standards, manual, data privacy and other IM-related laws and regulations within their respective business and active in coaching others to comply.
Responsible for identifying opportunities to deliver value to the business through both the implementation of Information Management solutions and the harvesting of existing Information Management assets, enabling the achievements of business strategy, value drivers and KPIs. Ensures that business Information requirements (as dictated by business processes) are fulfilled. Works independently under broad managerial supervision.
• Identify and engage key business stakeholders inside and outside the Capital Project in order to understand and balance their requirements and in the SELECT phase translate it into the Project IM Strategy.
• Write the IM discipline’s scope in the Project Execution Strategy (PES) and the Operations Philosophy. Ensure alignment between the IM delivery activities and the Integrated Project Schedule, develop IM related cost estimates.
• Together with the IT Business Analyst in the early DEFINE phase facilitate development of a Solution Architecture for the Capital Project.
• In the SELECT and DEFINE phases write the IM Scope of Work, Information Specification and the IM discipline’s clauses in the Invitation to Tender (ITT) and the Major Execution Contract (FEED, EPC, EPCM, etc.) documents, contribute to the bid review and evaluation process, if required.
• Coordinate the provision of the IM services (data control, document control) to the Capital Project team
• Determine the scope of IM services and support that the Capital Project’s team requires and ensure that the services are delivered to the level agreed with the IM Delivery Verticals
• If appointed, act as a DCAF Technical Authority Level 3 (TA3) in the Project. Contribute to the development of the Project Controls and Assurance Plan (PCAP). Ensure sign-off of all IM DCAF deliverables relevant for the ORP phase. The IM Business Analyst applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature. He / she will plan, arrange and facilitate meetings, workshops and relations with the Capital Project execution teams during scoping exercises and throughout subsequent development work.
• Participate in the portfolio & resource planning and stakeholder communications.
• Maintain constructive long-term relationships with the IM/IT Delivery Verticals, Capital Project execution teams, Operations & Maintenance teams and any other recipient of IM/IT tools, processes and services.
• Capacity to manage complex interfaces across organizational and geographic boundaries in both the Project team and the service delivery teams.
• Ability to collaborate with the Project Team, IM contractors / services providers and engineering contractors representing the future needs of the Operations Team before it is physically established.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders and deliver practical solutions taking multiple agendas into account.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Must have business analysis experience.
Should have past Capital Project –related experience ideally in delivery-related roles e.g. as Project IM Lead or Data / Document Control Lead.
Past Asset Operations organization experience is also desirable.
Typical Data Management and Document Control
Management processes and solutions / applications that facilitate them.
Engineering workflows and the role of engineering data management in a Capital Project
Opportunity Realization Process (ORP), DCAF process, Project Standards and the DEP framework (desirable).
Typical contracting & procurement processes in Projects (prequalification, invitation to tender and award stages).
Effectively establishes and handles contacts with stakeholders of all types and at all levels in the organization. • Analyzes and interprets data focusing on the business perspective.
Frames issues accurately and succinctly, translating the business requirements into IT operational / technical aspects.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Business Analysis
· Information Management