Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) Security Assessor
Join this dynamic organization as a GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) Security Assessor!
With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for CGI. You will support and interact with multiple stakeholders with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the management, the GRC Security Assessor coordinates and performs security assessment functions, control-testing reporting, and activities in accordance with internal controls compliance, regulatory and departmental policy, and procedures. The GRC Security Assessor updates and maintains control matrices and spreadsheets providing recommendations for management’s consideration.
This position ensures compliance with internal controls, regulatory and information security policies, and procedures. The GRC Security Assessor works with internal audit, external audit firms, and regulatory agencies to provide supportive documentation as applicable. The GRC Security Assessor takes a lead role in ensuring the security of all protected information collected, used, maintained, or released by the client organization.
• Serves as a lead cyber and information security consultant to the business and IT units conducting security risk assessments and providing guidance on securing information systems, applications, and networks.
• Provides technical guidance and expertise in the areas of secure application development, security risk management and assessment, security policies and standards, security architectures and implementations, and effective security risk assessment practices.
• Performs application and technology design reviews, security risk assessments, requirements analysis, security testing oversight, risk remediation planning, and security project management.
• Develops, reviews, and implements security risk management policies, standards, and practices.
• Defines security and policy compliance requirements in supporting the acquisition and deployment of security software, systems, and services.
• Update security controls and provides support to all stakeholders on security controls covering internal assessments, regulations, protecting PII, PHI/ePHI and other sensitive data types identified.
• Implements processes, such as GRC (governance, risk, and compliance), to automate and continuously monitor information security controls, exceptions, risks, testing.
• Develops reporting metrics, dashboards, and collects evidence artifacts in response to audit requests.
• Review and assess vendors information security solutions and deliverables, including technologies and architectures, security controls and procedures, and contract documentation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with design and development of secure enterprise communications systems
• Experience with the analysis, systems design, implementation and testing of secure enterprise information systems.
• Experience in Network engineering with emphasis in design, implementation, operations and maintenance of a variety of Windows Services, Application and Database servers, relevant Network Security appliance and Endpoint Security products.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.