Front End Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Engineer with Focus on Font End development:
If you are an experienced hands-on Software engineer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
You will have an opportunity to work with top Financial Services companies using your technical skills developing best-in-class digital experience to millions of their customers. We are looking for Full stack engineers with primary focus on developing rich Front-end digital portals. You will have the opportunity to contribute to own end to end feature development.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and aligned to overall Architecture and design
• Develop, test responsive front-end digital experience with a test first development mindset
• Participate in design reviews
• Integrate with RESTful micro services
• Participate in CI/CD activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Appreciation for and alignment to standard methodologies regarding object-oriented design, coding standards, RESTful service consumption and integration, common design patterns, secure application development, and test coverage
• Proficiency with server-side/mid-tier languages, frameworks, libraries, and related technologies: Java EE, Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC/Spring Boot, Logback, SLF4j, Maven
• Minimum 1+ years proven development experience in frameworks such as Angular 8+, ReactJS, NodeJS, Typescript. Angular experience is preferred
• Minimum 1+ years of experience leveraging automations frameworks, tools such as Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Selenium, Junit, Mocha
• Experience working in a flexible agile-scrum product development team - Scrum Developer certification is a plus
• Experience with Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools - Jenkins, Maven and exposure to Ansible, Docker, etc. is a plus
• Familiarity with the following will be a plus:
• DevOps concepts governing SCM, continuous integration, monitoring, and deployment processes
• Enterprise application architecture patterns and orchestration frameworks such as Apache Camel
• Client-side unit testing frameworks and test runners like Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Selenium, Junit, Mocha
• Docker containerization and AWS cloud deployment and application management via the AWS console
• AWS certification(s)
• The W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and their implementation
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
• 3-5 years of experience, with a focus in financial services applications
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Smithfield RI, Raleigh NC, Dallas TX
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.