Join CGI in the Finance Engineering (“FE”) team as a Consultant, to work closely with sales and Business Engineering to create financial models related to large new sales proposals. The Bid life cycle that FE is typically involved in usually covers many phases, from Bid kickoff to financial modeling to Proposal preparation to Due Diligence to Binding MOU to Contract.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Create financial models and simulations during deal structuring phases. Models establish revenue and profitability parameters for multi-year outsourcing contracts.
• Financial models cover any or all of CGI’s service tiers (1, 2, 3, 4/BPO).
• Use of various model approaches and assumptions, including modeling of Offshore/Nearshore delivery
• Able to apply a strategic perspective, consider alternatives and develop winning strategies
• Able to interact with senior client executives, to understand CGI and client requirements and to find the right win-win balance
• Ensure that all major financial risks have been analyzed, discussed and mitigated.
• Participate in the business development strategy for new products and propose innovative billing structure for new and existing clients.
• Financial advisor to the bid teams; coordinate bid teams to ensure deliverables are completed on time
• Liaise with other stakeholders through the bid process as necessary, including legal, accounting, treasury and corporate finance.
• Involved in financial analysis and validation of assumptions during due diligence phase
• Work with bid teams during contract phase to ensure financial terms and conditions and schedules are properly reflected, and consistent with the financial models prepared for the bid.
• Strong client focus required, achieving high level of satisfaction from our internal clients.
• Prepare financial presentations (internal and external) as required to present applicable financial views, assumptions, risks, pricing, etc. to management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The successful candidate will ideally possess a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a financial environment within a large organization. You are highly proficient in Excel, Power Point and other computer software applications, and you are experienced in working in a computerized accounting environment.
Required Level of Education (include certifications):
The ideal candidate will possess a post-secondary education, preferably in Accounting or Finance, and possess or be on track to get an accounting designation (CPA).
Your comprehension, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, are superior and you have a track record of quality work. You possess strong analytical skills, with an eye for detail. You are well organized, able to prioritize conflicting demands, and able to work within tight deadlines. You are results-oriented, equally comfortable working under minimal supervision or in a group environment.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.