The Operations & Reporting Group (O&R) is responsible for oversight of financial operations, external reporting required by Treasury and OMB, financial statement preparation, and financial certification oversight for the DOJ’s Offices, Boards and Divisions (OBDs) using Justice Management Division (JMD) financial management systems. Our team provides day-to-day support to O&R staff, using the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS) and various Treasury systems. In addition, our team works with O&R to refine business processes to promote and facilitate process automation.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Financial Analyst, you will do the following:
• Assist O&R Staff With Logging, Tracking and Processing of Various Accounting Transactions, in Support of O&R Day-To-Day Operations, Including:
o Processing Intra Governmental Payments and Collections (IPAC)
o Processing Inter-Agency Billings(IA)
o Account Reconciliations and Resolving Discrepancies
o UFMS Data Entry
Processing Budget Transactions and
• Support O&R Staff Requests, Including:
o Performing Data Analysis
o Recommending and Facilitating Transaction Adjustments
o Maintaining Open Lines of Communication and Address Concerns
• Provide Project Management Support
• Provide Work-Flow Documentation Support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Accounting and/or System Support experience with a Government Agency, including transactions, financial reconciliations and analysis
• Ability to perform analysis of financial and accounting data
• Ability to review entries and ensure transactions match supporting documents
• Ability to reconcile documents to financial reports
• Ability to download data to spreadsheets and perform analysis based on inquiries
• Ability to work effectively within a group or independently
• Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills
• Experience with Unified Financial Management System (UFMS), or the Momentum for Federal ERP software
• Knowledgeable in information systems and the application of new technology and Governmental accounting activities to include applications for accounting, financial reporting systems
• Working knowledge of Intra-Governmental Payment and Collection (IPAC) system
• Experience in detecting billing issues and investigating ways to resolve them
• Experience in process improvement
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products specifically how to manage financial data and formulas within Excel
• Exceptional verbal, written, and communication skills
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Finance & Accounting