Job order - J0622-2691 - Permanent Full Time
Midlands, England - Various, United Kingdom
Our high profile client has locations in the the UK and across the globe- we are their Digital Partner and this is a key role within our ongoing 'Strategic Advice & Guidance' service. We are looking for an Enterprise Architect/Senior Solution Architect to design innovative solutions to complex business challenges, bridging the gap between multiple stakeholders in the solution and client teams.
This is a hybrid role with two days required on client site in Nottingham.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As an Enterprise Architect/Senior Solution Architect, you will have the responsibility for the end-to-end architecture of enterprise solutions encompassing business capabilities and services, software, security and infrastructure. You will ensure alignment between business stakeholders, IT delivery and operations, taking into account factors such as non-functional aspects, risk and cost.
The Enterprise/Senior Solution Architect:
• Owns the enterprise architecture vision, strategy and roadmaps from a business, technology and data perspective, including 'as-is', 'to-be' and transitional states
• Communicates effectively with business, delivery and operational stakeholders (at all levels of the organisation up to CxO level)
• Identifies, prioritises and addresses functional and non-functional requirements related to the overall solution, including risk and financial aspects
• Drives and guides architecturally significant decisions
• Models the end-to-end solution’s context and structure using relevant documentation, diagrams and architecture modelling tools as dictated by project/client requirements
• Takes a strategic view across all architectural domains, projects and programmes
• Establishes and helps to enact architectural principles, policies and standards
• Identifies emerging trends and their potential impact and opportunity for the client’s organisation
• Supports teams delivering and operating the solution by providing architectural oversight throughout the lifecycle
• Contributes to the architecture community and supports the development of colleagues through knowledge sharing and mentoring.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Demonstrable track record of senior architecture roles with responsibility for large complex solutions
• Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders, and to act as the medium which bridges these two groups – communicating technical issues in simple terms to a non-technical audience, and articulating the rationale to support design decisions.
• A background of broad technical experience gained through exposure to various technology domains, design patterns, architecture frameworks and business sectors
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicting viewpoints when necessary in order to reach consensus
• Estimating experience, including coordinating and validating inputs from other teams or partners as required
• Flexibility to travel to client locations and adapt working style/pattern within reason to fit around client needs.
• Technical team leadership experience
• Experience of mentoring others and contributing to an architecture community of practice.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
· Business Architecture
· Enterprise Architecture
· Solutions Architecture
· Business Strategy