Work Location: Remote during the pandemic, client premise (NCR) afterwards
Remote : Yes, during the pandemic
CGI is looking for two Database Administrators to offer technical database support within an information technology environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Install, configure and maintain all supported (DBMS) software (Oracle Database and Microsoft SQL Server) for an HA (High Availability) environment
• Upgrade existing databases, such as MS SQL server 2008 to 2016, or Oracle 12 to 19
• Patch existing database based on vendors’ recommendation(s)
• Monitor all databases with monitoring tools such as EMGrid, Heroix or SCOM; configure monitor criteria and notification
• Lead resolution of database-related technical issues, such as leading and coordinating database recovery in the event of a system failure
• Implement and review backup and recovery strategy to ensure that business service-level agreements are met
• Enable the DBMS to work with storage devices and storage management software (storage area network (SAN) technology)
• Interface with other technologies required by applications
• Conduct database security administration to ensure that data is only available to authorized users
• Work with data modelers to build database schema, tables, procedures and permissions
• Ensure data consistency by adhering to data model standards and best practices
• Manage schema objects and perform production migrations
• Administer database networking (Oracle Net, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), etc.)
• Carry out database performance tuning and analysis
• Analyze and monitor system performance to identify major performance bottlenecks in the system and identify the impact of administration tasks on core business scenarios
• Initiate and participate in studies and exploratory analyses on database technology evolution and strategic opportunities
• Identify, monitor and document technology-specific database standards
• Collaborate with development DBAs to coordinate database migration activities and disaster recovery testing, and enhance disaster recovery procedures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
University Degree or College Diploma in computer science or a related field • A minimum of five (5) years of recent experience as a Database Administrator for the following: o Oracle version 11g or higher o SQL Server 2008 or higher
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience participating in projects ranging from six (6) months to three (3) years in duration
• Demonstrated experience with implementation of Oracle Database and Data Guard software in a production Unix environment, including database connectivity and other third-party vendor solutions
• Demonstrated experience creating and editing stored procedures
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft SQL mirroring and clustering, SUN cluster
• Demonstrated knowledge of LEAN and AGILE development methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, support high-visibility applications, organize workload to accommodate changing priorities while still meeting deadlines while maintaining a high-level of accuracy and ensuring proper follow-through
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.