Data Business Analyst
Familiarity working with a specialized CalWIN team, as a lead business subject matter expert, to map all data from an existing source California State automated welfare system (CalWIN) to the target CalSAWS system for statewide migration. Jira and Erwin experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work jointly with the Technical Lead on all change management documents to ensure that the business needs and technical design are compatible.
• Define scope of each assigned project by meeting with the Project Manager and Technical Lead to determine scope, required documentation and timeline.
• Determine project requirements during business strategy sessions as a subject matter expert.
• Perform analysis on system changes including the review of the change from a business/end-user perspective, the costing of business analyst support, and the development of exit criteria.
• Participate in Detailed Technical Design reviews providing feedback from a business and end-users perspective.
• Perform system testing for change requests including the development and execution of scripts, collection and documentation of artifacts, and customer walk-throughs and perform integration and negative testing as needed.
• Support customer/counties with health check testing in Production as necessary
• Resolve customer issues/questions/clarifications on Change Requests and deviations
• Analyze/interpret data requirements and perform current/target/gap/impact analyses
• Prepare documents such as expected benefits, gap analysis, use cases, models, current and propose process, workflows, data flows, implementation plans and end user guides in accordance with standards and methodologies
• Familiarity with the use cases, business purposes and quality of the data.
• Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for the analysis.
• Timely delivery of analysis, reports and presentations to support business reviews
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3-7 years of systems analysis, data analysis, data visualization, agile project management
• CalWin experience required
• Communicate ideas, analysis and results effectively and efficiently
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proven problem solving
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Analytical Thinking
· Problem Solving/DecisionMaking