Cloud Security Engineer
Join this dynamic organization as a Cloud Security Engineer!
With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions. You will support and interact with multiple stakeholders with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team.
Your success will be directly related to CGI’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the management, the Cloud Security Engineer will assist the team to review/update/implement control processes, security tools, automated enforcement policies, and overall cloud tenant settings to align to parent company policies and industry best practices.
• Cloud standardization and Baseline Builds: Cloud Security Engineers to work directly with the cloud team on tuning the settings for the tenant ensuring correct options for Azure configuration. These resources will be responsible for helping the team to establish a build pipeline for servers, ensuring automated enforcement of security settings policies. The Cloud Security Engineers will assist in the setting of security baseline for Windows, Linux, and other server builds. These resources will work with the compliance tool PRISMA to ensure standards enforcement.
• Cloud Security Tools and Alerting: Cloud Security Engineers to assist the team to implement / tune the cloud security tools. This includes Azure-based WAF, standard SPI firewall, SIEM, and other appropriate Prisma components. The Cloud Security Engineers will configure these tools and assist the client with SIEM alerting / rule creation, and helping to build out security alerts within Azure. The Cloud Security Engineers will provide guidance and support on additional tooling or best practices that should be implemented in this space.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
• 3+ years experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics.
• 3+ years Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security.
• Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Great awareness of cybersecurity trends.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Cloud Computing