Working as a Business Analyst in a cross-functional agile scrum team, you will be responsible for designing, testing, demoing and documenting enhancements to an enterprise web application. You will evaluate business features to determine the best approach for meeting the acceptance criteria within the existing application. Business Analysts will be involved in backlog refinement, planning of sprints, sprint reviews/demos as well as be responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Working in a cross-functional scrum team, interacting daily with other team members.
- Writing functional design documents that meet the feature and user story acceptance criteria.
- Supporting system testing activities including test preparation, ensuring test cases and scripts cover all requirements and design specifications. Writing automated and manual test cases and test scripts based on requirements and user stories.
- Executing test cases manually or using automated test tools and supporting Feature and Regression Testing efforts.
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Logging defects, testing/retesting defects, tracking progress and results and reporting status to the scrum master / project lead.
- Updating product documentation and help files for new or existing functionality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Proficient in gathering requirements and working with Product Owners, Architects and Product Management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Facilitation skills, including leading meetings, presentation skills, problem resolution/mediation.
- High degree of responsiveness and ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Ability to work with virtual teams spanning time zones across the country and in India.
- Ability to manage own workload
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Business Analysis