Agile Product Owner
CGI is seeking to hire an Agile Product Owner in Dover, NH.
In this role you will be a critical member of Agile team delivering new business function to the client’s customer and internal business users. Dynamic work environment and fast paced. Working with leading technologies and Agile Methods.
Role of Product Owner is to be a leader on an Agile team based on the Scaled Agile Framework. The Product Owner
• Acts as the liaison between the business strategy, app development, and tactical day-to-day execution teams (single point of accountability/decision making for app development and other workstreams)
• Ensures highest quality deliverable to the end user while maintaining internal levers of scope, schedule, and budget
• Influences back-end deployment with a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team providing inputs into the prioritized feature/function and user experience
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Scrum product owner is the development team’s key stakeholder. The primary responsibility is to maintain the product backlog and convey the product’s priorities to the scrum team in a timely manner that factors in resource constraints and budget.
• Work with Product Office stakeholders to shape and guide the individual implementation choices, detailed feature function, and technical implementation towards the product vision.
• Work as the integrator between the business strategy and tactical program execution teams and be the “single” voice to the development team to ensure effective and efficient development.
• Partner with the tactical execution team to make decisions related to scope, schedule, budget and tradeoffs within the defined program guardrails
• Partner with business strategy teams to ideate and assess new features, partnerships or other areas of strategic importance to the program
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Run large cross-functional business and technology programs
• Experience implementing software projects using Agile methodologies
• Well-versed across a broad range of Insurance business competencies including underwriting, rating, policy admin,
• SAFe Agile preferred or minimum SAFe training and experience on multiple project Agile projects
• SAFe Agile - 3-5 Years +
• P&C Insurance - 3 years +
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
• SAFe Certified
• P&C Insurance experience with commercial insurance underwriting, rating, and/or policy admin
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.