Advantage Functional Analyst
Mid level to Senior candidate required for a part-time role of Advantage Functional Analyst and Senior Consultant. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing enterprise systems for State and Local Governments. Candidate will also act as a liaison between various enterprise groups like UNIX administrators, Database administrators, Windows administrators, Functional Subject Matter Experts, Client Business Owners, etc. This is a client-facing role and you may support one to multiple clients at the same time. The ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining complex systems with an aptitude for troubleshooting, along with strong organizational and communication skills
• Work in an environment that provides the opportunity to grow
• Work with a highly motivated team
• Exposure to a wide range of tasks and processes
• Good work/life balance
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Planning, design, testing, documentation and production support of a Java based enterprise system
• Proactively work with other members of the IT staff to diagnose and solve any issues that may arise
• Plan for and test software updates and defects
• Provide functional mentorship and guidance as required
• Lead requirements sessions, design meetings, or conduct individual interviews to elicit requirements regarding new or existing functionality
• Execute functionality testing and maintain accurate documentation regarding the test effort. Identify and log system incidents and defects and retest fixes
• Provide support to user staff and external stakeholders during preparation and execution of user acceptance testing
• Provide support and/or knowledge transfer to functional and technical staff, internal users, and external users in the support and use of new or existing systems
• Provide general production support for a new and/or existing system
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum of 4 years of Advantage ERP functional experience (Financial, VSS, and Budgeting)
• 3+ years experience working with enterprise applications
• SQL experience
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Excellent Client Relationship experience
• Should have 3-5 years of business analysis experience
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Proficient in gathering requirements, leading design efforts, and working with business owners
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of State and City Government
• Knowledge of Advantage ERP, Financial Accounting, Vendor Self Service, and Performance Budgeting systems
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Adv Fin - Vendor Self Service
· Enterprise Resource Planning
· Enterprise Resource Planning
· Functional Analysis
· Adv Fin - ePay - Functional
· Adv infoAdv - Financial
· Systems Analysis