AC- Scrum Master
• Essential Duties: Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
• Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
• Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
• Reporting out of JIRA for various sprint/burndown or release burndown charts and prepared executive report out of JIRA reports.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least three-four years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
• Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus): Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team. The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
• Hands on knowledge on JIRA and it’s reports.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field Required software product development experience 3-4 years of experience as a Scrum Master or similar role 3-4 years of experience playing the ScrumMaster role for a software development team
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO) 2-3 years of experience with agile practices, patterns and techniques 2-3 years of experience in Agile techniques such as User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Any software development experience, preferred in product development.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Agile / Collaborative Method
· Scrum Master
· Java Enterprise Editions JEE