Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The inspector is responsible for oversight of the fabrication facility's quality assurance on behalf of Bureau Veritas's client. The client's for these assignments are typically state Departments of Transportation or construction contractors. The inspector must have significant knowledge of Precast/Prestressed Concrete and demonstrable experience in a similar position. The skills required for this position include:
· Communicating with the Project Manager to determine the specific requirements of a given work order, including the scope of work, deliverables, schedule, and budget for a particular assignment;
· Communication with the Project Manager, fabrication shops, contractors, and other third parties to resolve schedule issues;
· Ensure that the services provided are performed in accordance with the project requirements and contract with the client;
· Generate and process timesheets, billing reports, and inspection reports in an expeditious and thorough manner, complying with all applicable deadlines. All reports must be submitted typewritten using Microsoft Word/Adobe Acrobat and must be electronically transmitted to the Project Manager;
· Communicate information from the fabrication facility regarding upcoming assignments and potential work that Bureau Veritas could perform; and
· Maintain a positive relationship between Bureau Veritas, the fabrication facility, and the client
· Ability to work remotely from the established Bureau Veritas offices;
· Client oriented approach with emphasis on understanding and fulfilling the needs of the client;
· Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications; • Excellent communication and documentation skills, with ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager, clients, and the fabrication facility. Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required; knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes preferred. Proficient use of modern communication and computer equipment including cell phones, laptop computers and digital cameras;
· Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work;
· Team player willing to work with clients, field staff, other Bureau Veritas offices, and the world wide Bureau Veritas organization
PCI (Prestressed Concrete Inspector) Lv II or Lv III
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
About Bureau Véritas
Né en 1828, Bureau Veritas est la première entreprise mondiale en matière d’inspection, de certification et d’essais en laboratoire. Ses clients sont issus de différents domaines d’activité, de l’aéronautique à l’agroalimentaire en passant par les équipements industriels, la construction et l’immobilier ou l’énergie. Bureau Veritas s’efforce ainsi de leur proposer des solutions pour améliorer leurs performances et réduire leurs risques : analyses, audits, inspections, certification, etc. La société est présente dans 140 pays dans le monde, et compte plus de 60 000 collaborateurs pour 400 000 clients. Elle recrute de nombreux stagiaires sur l’ensemble de la France, mais également des alternances, et a ainsi établi des partenariats avec plus de trente universités et écoles. Bureau Veritas propose également des CDI pour des métiers techniques comme pour les fonctions de support.