Our core values include integrity and ethics , impartiality, customer focus and safety at work and are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: Junior IT Support Specialist– FTC until Dec 2018
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester
Salary: dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits package
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready to grow your career in IT? We are looking for a confident, self-motivated IT Support Specialist to provide second level IT and technical service support for all IT related topics/ issues for BV North West Europe employees.
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
With more than 400,000 clients worldwide, we are a true global leader; helping to ensure the safety, quality and sustainability of parts, plant, properties and more. Our client list covers everyone from major retailers and petro-chemical companies, to global banks and international airports.
This is your opportunity to hone your skills, in a fast-paced environment that is anything but mundane. Backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and career progression; this is your opportunity to join an award-winning employer.
TEAM PLAYER WITH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for someone with a passion for IT and the ability to work independently to provide second level IT and technical service support and ensure the availability and security of local systems.
· Providing second level support for all IT related topics / issues
· Country/District ownership and responsibilities
· Escalation of priorities for business critical reasons
· Identifying, analysing and fixing the PC or System issues
· Placing the IT order in line with the budget/forecast
· Ensuring availability, accuracy and security of local systems
· The accurate documentation of local systems according to guidelines
· Executing of minimum IS/IT training to users
· Using and maintaining the Unicenter Service Desk and toolset
· Participating in projects upon request of IT/IS management
· Discrete and respectful use and attitude towards sensitive (personal) information obtained on request or in the line of duty
· Managing the inventory of the IT assets
HAVE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES?
Candidate requirements include:
· GCSE Maths, English, IT level or equivalent
· Previous technical experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to work independently but meanwhile capable of sharing knowledge and practices with a team.
A GLOBAL LEADING ORGANISATION
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
· Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
· The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
· A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer sixyears in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
· Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Bureau Véritas
Né en 1828, Bureau Veritas est la première entreprise mondiale en matière d’inspection, de certification et d’essais en laboratoire. Ses clients sont issus de différents domaines d’activité, de l’aéronautique à l’agroalimentaire en passant par les équipements industriels, la construction et l’immobilier ou l’énergie. Bureau Veritas s’efforce ainsi de leur proposer des solutions pour améliorer leurs performances et réduire leurs risques : analyses, audits, inspections, certification, etc. La société est présente dans 140 pays dans le monde, et compte plus de 60 000 collaborateurs pour 400 000 clients. Elle recrute de nombreux stagiaires sur l’ensemble de la France, mais également des alternances, et a ainsi établi des partenariats avec plus de trente universités et écoles. Bureau Veritas propose également des CDI pour des métiers techniques comme pour les fonctions de support.