Our core values include integrity and ethics , impartiality, customer focus and safety at work and are Top Employer for the sixth consecutive year.
Role: IT Support Specialist (2nd Line)
Location: Whitechapel, London
Salary: Competitive depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated Support Specialist to provide second level IT and technical service support to our users in the London and Harlow area.
As part of a wider North West Europe IT team, you will also be responsible for the availability and security of local systems and be the main point of contact for the District Manager and the escalation point for district business critical issues and priorities.
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
TEAM PLAYER WITH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
· Provide Second level support for all IT related topics / issues in London and Harlow offices
· District ownership and responsibilities.
· Point of contact for Country/District Chief Executive
· Escalation of priorities for business critical reasons
· Provide local technical support
· Identify, analyse and fix the PC or System issues
· Place the IT order in line with the budget/forecast
· Ensure availability, accuracy and security of local systems
· Pre-defining of business requirements and forwarding them to consultants
· Accurate documentation of local systems according to guidelines
· Executing of minimum IS/IT training to users
· Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
· Provide IT Support when and where needed across the country/district/zone
· Use and maintain the Unicenter Service Desk and toolset
· Interface with other regional departments, HR and Finance
· Participate in projects upon request of IT/IS management
· Discrete and respectful use and attitude towards sensitive (personal) information, obtained on request or in the line of duty
· Ensure clear communication
· Manage the inventory of the IT assets
HAVE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES?
Candidate requirements include:
· Technical and / or business qualification
· Minimum of 2 years technical experience
· Fluent English language skills
· Able to work independently but meanwhile capable of sharing knowledge and practices with a team
Personal attributes include:
· Strong, resilient character
· Confident telephone manner
· Ability to prioritise and effectively time manage
· A genuine interest in computing
A GLOBAL LEADING ORGANISATION
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
· Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
· The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
· A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer six years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
· Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
About Bureau Véritas
Né en 1828, Bureau Veritas est la première entreprise mondiale en matière d’inspection, de certification et d’essais en laboratoire. Ses clients sont issus de différents domaines d’activité, de l’aéronautique à l’agroalimentaire en passant par les équipements industriels, la construction et l’immobilier ou l’énergie. Bureau Veritas s’efforce ainsi de leur proposer des solutions pour améliorer leurs performances et réduire leurs risques : analyses, audits, inspections, certification, etc. La société est présente dans 140 pays dans le monde, et compte plus de 60 000 collaborateurs pour 400 000 clients. Elle recrute de nombreux stagiaires sur l’ensemble de la France, mais également des alternances, et a ainsi établi des partenariats avec plus de trente universités et écoles. Bureau Veritas propose également des CDI pour des métiers techniques comme pour les fonctions de support.