Description de l'offre
Inspectorate, a world leader in independent inspection and analysis of traded commodities is, is part of the Bureau Veritas Group of Companies with clear vision and strategy designed to meet the challenges and demands of its’ shareholders, clients and staff.
Inspectorate focus on rewarding and training staff across the globe to develop a workforce who will act as ambassadors for the business and who will feel proud to be part of a growing and successful Group.
We are looking for people with drive, enthusiasm, commitment and integrity to join a global business with global opportunities.
POSITION: Fire Assay Hot Area Technician
PRODUCT GROUP Metals & Minerals Division
LOCATION : Witham,Essex.
SALARY: £17,000 plus competitive benefits package
Purpose of Role:
Working as part of a team within our furnace area, candidates will learn a number of techniques in order to produce a sample ready for analysis in the laboratory.
All duties to be carried out in accordance with, Inspectorate International Ltd policies, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and the Company’s accreditation and quality systems.
· Initial weighing of samples into cups
· Mixing samples with litharge using an extracted cupboard
· Accurate weighing of metals
· Ensuring the Furnace area is kept clean whilst maintaining safety standards
· Using hand held pump truck to move material
· Placing samples into crucibles and melting within a furnace
Required Skills and Experience:
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good communication skills as it will be a team based role
· Good level of flexibility in both time and work
· Maths or any science subject GCSE grade C or higher
No previous furnace experience required as full training will be supplied