A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
· Follow all safety policies as required by NEIS
· Objectively interpret and consistently apply code requirements and related standards in accordance with department policies
· Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting
· Work cooperatively with the general public
· Comprehend and make inferences from written materials and code documents
· The methods and practices involved in installing, repairing and maintaining a variety of electric and hydraulic elevators, escalators, moving walks and lifts
· Fundamental mechanical and electrical principles as they apply to elevators and similar controls
· The Rules of the American National Standard Safety Code for Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators and Moving Walks as referenced and amended in the Construction Code, as well as A17.2 Inspectors Manual.
· Certified Q.E.I. inspector with current license
· CCCI Califonia Certified Conveyance Inspector
· Familiarity with all elevator components and their function
· Strong communication skills with both management team and customers
· Ability to work independently without supervision
· Manage account portfolio requiring customer scheduling for routine elevator inspections and elevator company scheduling for test witnessing
· Familiar with elevator code as specified by the Authority Having Jurisdiction
· Basic computer skills requiring the ability to complete detailed inspection reports in electronic form
Additional Requirements :
· Practice safe working methods at all times
· Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
· Walk, bend or stoop repeatedly or continually and work in small areas
· Lift arms above shoulder level while measuring or performing inspections
· Ascend and descend ladders or stairs and work at heights greater than 10 feet
· Ride on top of elevator cars to perform shaft way and equipment inspections
· Applicant must be physically able to perform all duties required of elevator inspecting including but not limited to accessing pits, car tops, secondaries and roof penthouses via straight ladders
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: