Description de l'offre
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Facility Manager, the position is primarily responsible for shipping, sorting, storing, inventory, keeping records and organizing for the shipping of items stored in the warehouse. Also responsible for keeping track/inventory and delivery of items/orders in accordance to established procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Accurately and neatly fill orders according to pick tickets.
· Effectively obtain same day turnaround time.
· Follow pick ticket instructions as indicated.
· Ship packages using FedEx Ship Manager / UPS Worldship.
· Verify the accuracy of packed orders.
· Ensure all items stored at the warehouse are recorded into storage areas for timely retrieval as requested.
· Become familiar and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
· Comply with all occupational safety regulations.
· Operate and maintain equipment according to written instructions.
· Ensure docks / receiving areas are kept clean and orderly. General warehouse housekeeping
· Cooperate, work and communicate with suppliers and co-workers.
· Represent Analysts, Inc. – Bureau Veritas by appearance and conduct. Behave ethically at all times.
· Provide feedback to supervisors for possible improvements in his/her work area.
· Communicate any problems, discrepancies, or other noteworthy incidents to the Facility Manager without delay.
· Report to job-site punctually and observes all Analysts, Inc. – Bureau Veritas applicable federal and state regulations and standards, and customer requirements, including applicable safety and measurement/test standards.
· Attend company meetings as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Necessary attributes are a positive attitude and ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse cultural backgrounds and sensitivities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education development certificate (GED) 2 years of warehouse experience. Experience using heavy equipment is an asset. Ability to safely operate a forklift and manual pallet jack.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: : Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to do basic mathematic calculations related to laboratory calculations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Strong organization and time management skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATIONS: Current and valid driver license is required. Forklift certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls, and to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, lift and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands with arms. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the related duties, the employee regularly works near flammable material, near moving mechanical parts, and can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Appropriate safety training is provided.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: