Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Reporting to the Principal Counsel within the Global Legal Team, this role is initially for a temporary contract up to end March 2019, with the potential to be Temp to Permanent. The role is for 5 days a week, 9am - 5.30pm, or the equivalent hours per week as agreed.
The role will be responsible for the validation, preparation and input of legal real estate data into the Global Lease Database, as part of the Global IFRS 16 Lease Accounting Project, as well as some day to day related duties.
· To extract relevant Lease Data from new Leases and Renewals, and complete the standard Lease Extract form.
· To instruct, manage and track receipt of both Internal and External Lease Extract forms from the Burberry regional legal teams and External Legal Advisers, updating the Global Lease Tracker document.
· Check and validate correct and full completion of the above forms, liaising with Internal and External legal advisers where relevant.
· Entry of all lease data from the Lease Extract Forms into the Global Lease Database.
· Maintenance of all changes to existing Lease Data in the Global Lease Database, such as Break and Renewal Options, Lease Extensions, Side Letter Amendments etc. updating the Lease Extract form for each change.
· Deal with associated Lease queries and clarifications from the IFRS 16 Project Team.
· Managing the filing system for all completed forms within the agreed naming conventions into the Legal Files and distribution to the relevant Regional Finance contacts.
· Any additional Lease Database/Lease Accounting related tasks, that may be required from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
· Degree or equivalent
· Highly detail orientated
· Ability to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Flexible approach
· Lease contract review
· Data input
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Finance || Finance || n/a ||
Job Segment: Project Manager, Financial, Temporary, Real Estate, Database, Technology, Finance, Contract, Sales