Description de l'offre
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
To support the Product Development Manager to manage the product development process for specific categories by working closely with the designers to develop each category from initial concept through to finished product.
· Implement the seasonal development critical paths ensuring all deadlines are adhered to.
· Launching of trials and new Designs.
· Work with design to support or manage the process of material sourcing/development and prototyping for specific categories of products.
· Ordering raw materials for prototypes and samples.
· Ensuring all correct information is full and complete.
· Organise and set up all prototype fittings, informing Design and Technical Service.
· Attend all fittings from prototype through to first pre-production fittings.
· Communicate prototype and sample forecast to vendors.
· With Design and Merchandising allocate the line; style to cloth and showroom samples.
· Responsible for sample BOMs.
· Responsible for sample amendments.
· Monitor samples deliveries to all showrooms during launch of season.
· agree pre-production fittings timetable with Technical Service and Global Sourcing.
· Responsible for production BOMs.
· Responsible for collection hand over to Supply Chain.
· Responsible for communications with relevant suppliers and daily follow up of prototyping and raw materials developments: problem solving, providing information.
· To provide information and resolve issues that arise during and after the development of the Collections.
· Support PD Manager, Merchandising and GS in costing activities for raw materials, prototypes and finished products.
· Monitor the PD development budget.
· Responsible for the setting up and updating of all raw materials.
· Organize and maintain archive of production standards by season, and general archive of developments.
· Capability of working with multiple projects & cross functional teams; partnering closely with the Design team
· Experience of product development within the Luxury Fashion industry
· Experience of sourcing and developing raw materials
· Experience of working within an global business
· People management experience is preferable
· Experience of managing Product Development calendar
· Experience of working closely with manufacturers for development
· Effective relationship management with design and merchandising teams
· Passionate about product design and development
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Product and Fabric Development || Product Development-Womenswear || n/a ||
Job Segment: Merchandising, Relationship Manager, Supply, Information Technology, Programmer, Retail, Customer Service, Operations, Technology