Description de l'offre
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Burberry plc., a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire Cash Office Supervisor within the Order to Cash (“OTC”) team. The role is part of a new Burberry Business Services (BBS) organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom. The Cash Office Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the Cash Office Accounting team within the Order to Cash function, managing a team of 9 Administrators and ensuring deadlines are met and issues resolved in a timely manner. The overall objective will be to manage the Retail Cash and Credit Card clearing, ensuring a strong control environment with documented policies and procedures and a high quality clearing of bank accounts, as per the agreed metrics and SLAs. In addition, the Cash Office Accounting Supervisor will participate in the setting up of Order to Cash service delivery in Leeds. The Supervisor will actively participate in knowledge transfer, training and testing during the transition of relevant OTC processes to the Burberry Business Services.
· Responsible for managing all aspects of Cash Office Accounting activities, including managing petty cash & bonds, perform bank reconciliations, processing intercompany and cash management
· Maintenance of all relevant documented policies and procedure.
· Effective delivery of a strong control environment and active management of Risk and Control Matrices (RACMs)
· Oversee, review and sign-off monthly bank and controls reconciliations
· Proactively work with team to resolve issues that arise from the reports, escalating any issues within the terms of the applicable metrics.
· Identify and execute project scope within timelines and budgets
· Key point of contact for Internal and External audits – ensuring a timely resolution of control weaknesses.
· Coordinate with internal employees and third parties/vendors for successful project execution
· Manage cross-functional interactions to ensure appropriate journals are updated accurately
· Review month- end bank and control account reconciliations for allocated accounts
· Validate petty cash claims and reimbursement requests
· Manage and perform ad hoc Cash Office Accounting activities
· Communication with 3rd parties
· Customer Management
· Stakeholder Management with both internal and external parties
· Ageing balances & unreconciled items
· Liaising with the banks and card acquirers
· Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods
· Participate in the LBS set up project and transition activities
· Manage & develop team of Cash Office Accounting Administrators
· Responsible for providing strong leadership and guidance to Cash Office Accounting team and the monitoring of qualitative performance measures for the team using Service Line Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
· Lead on Cash Office Accounting related projects and transformations
· Participate in personnel selection, directing, training and development of staff
· Provide clarification and trouble shoot solutions where needed for the team
· Carry out people management responsibilities
· Develop and continuously improve processes and procedures to facilitate accurate and timely financial information and reporting
· Actively challenge current ways of working to streamline processes to be more efficient and effective
· Engage externally with forums / wider industry to ensure Burberry solutions and processes are in line with best practice
Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required.
· Strong experience in Cash Office Accounting
· Fashion retail industry experience preferred.
· SAP experience preferred
· Proven leadership skills in managing Cash Office Teams
· Strong financial modelling and analysis skills
· Luxury fashion retail industry experience preferred
· Track record for delivering continuous improvement. Can provide examples of having led local changes as a means of reflecting strategic-level changes
· Able to generate change commitment amongst teams
· Has built strong and sustainable relationships with a range of external stakeholders and influenced them effectively. Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely.
· Uses a variety of techniques to influence a range of internal and external, technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of strategic-level issues.
· Able to establish personal credibility
· Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
· Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
· Partner effectively with a wide range of Internal and External Stakeholders. Actively promote all Burberry initiatives.
· Presents a welcoming attitude to change and adjusts dynamically to continuous business change and improvement.
· Capable and proactively takes on different activities in line with business need.
· Can operate both at the strategic and, where required, detailed level.
· Displays an affinity for technology’s ability to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery.
· Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities.
· Needs to be comfortable in ‘dealing with the numbers’ - i.e. able to extract strategic themes and trends, compare and convert figures across the group and use high-level figures to make decisions.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || Finance || Order to Cash || n/a ||