Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will help and assist the fabric inspection department where required with a variety of duties.
You will work to the highest quality whilst achieving daily targets and ensure continuous production.
· To work in a safe manner, undertake courses on manual handling, safe systems at work and understand the risk assessments of working in a textile production environment.
· Ticketing of goods in from the warehouse for final fabric inspection.
· Load ‘A’ frames on receipt of fabric from the warehouse when booked in the system.
· Responsible for regular stock takes in the fabric inspection department for incoming and outgoing goods.
· Allocate fabric to appropriate stillages.
· Operate a fabric inspection machine for rework/roll cutting of fabrics.
· Sample and master roll cutting.
· Ensure a high a standard of housekeeping and maintenance is carried out in the department completing check lists of tasks through audit sheets.
· Assist and liaise with the fabric inspection team leader.
· Remove waste material in to designated areas.
· Accurate stock entry in to the Camtex stock control system.
· Entries in to the Quality inspection terminal.
· Textile background.
· Ability to follow instructions.
· Precision and accuracy.
· Attention to details.
· Trained forklift driver.
· GSCE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Keighley || Supply Chain || Quality Assurance || n/a ||
Job Segment: Inspection, Inspector, Supply, Quality Control Inspector, QA, Engineering, Quality, Operations