Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
This is a new role in a small data protection team who are responsible for ensuring that personal data is protected across the Group. In turn, this supports the businesses strategic goal of delivering “Operational Excellence”.
· Promote Data Protection across the business providing subject matter expertise.
· Develop a network of Data Protection Champions.
· Implement and manage the Data Protection Control framework.
· Manage the Record of Processing.
· Manage Data Protection training.
· Data Protection Governance and Risk Reporting.
· Support the Data Protection Officer in delivering the Data Protection strategy.
· Works co-operatively with others to achieve team objectives being collegial and collaborative, open and non-territorial.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated in both day to day work and in formal meetings and reporting context, including facilitation and meeting management.
· Operates comfortably in an environment that is subject to frequent change.
· Uses sound commercial judgement as a base for planning and decision making.
· Methodical and organised.
· Self-motivated with a desire to add value and produce quality materials.
· IT literate and competent with common core IT systems.
· A practical knowledge of GDPR particularly;
· Record of processing
· PIA’s and Change Management
· Subject access and erasure requests
· Programme controls and Governance
Connecting with others
· Privacy Champions across the business.
· Functional teams and project managers.
· Risk and Audit team colleagues.
Qualifications / Experience
A Data Protection qualification (e.g. IAPP CIPP/E).
At least 3 years, post graduate experience in a broad data protection role.
Experience developing or leading a comprehensive data protection programme.
Experience working in a central function, providing tools, training, coordination and governance across a range of business operations.
Experience working with IT security tools and processes.
Data Protection software implementation experience.
An interest in how new technologies (AI, blockchain, facial recognition etc) will impact data protection.
Experience developing and delivering training and E-learning tools.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || Finance || Audit and Risk Assurance || n/a ||
Job Segment: Database, Implementation Manager, Data Management, Marketing Manager, Manager, Technology, Data, Marketing, Management