Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Burberry plc, a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire a Credit Control Team Leader within the Order to Cash (“OTC”) team. The role is part of a new Burberry Business Services (BBS) organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
The Credit Control Team Leader will be responsible for supervising the Credit Control Team within the Order to Cash function, managing a team of Administrators and ensuring deadlines are met and issues resolved in a timely manner. The overall objective will be to manage the Team, ensuring a strong control environment with documented policies and procedures and meeting cash collections and customer account reconciliation, as per the agreed metrics and SLAs.
· Responsible for managing all aspects of Credit Control and Accounts Receivable activities
· Maintenance of all relevant documented policies and procedure.
· Effective delivery of a strong control environment and active management of Risk and Control Matrices (RACMs)
· Oversee, review and sign-off monthly reconciliations
· Proactively work with team to resolve issues that arise from the reports, escalating any issues within the terms of the applicable metrics.
· Identify and execute project scope within timelines and budgets
· Key point of contact for Internal and External audits – ensuring a timely resolution of control weaknesses.
· Coordinate with internal employees and third parties/vendors for successful project execution
· Manage cross-functional interactions to ensure appropriate journals are updated accurately
· Review month- end bank and control account reconciliations for allocated accounts
· Manage and perform ad hoc Credit Control and Accounts Receivable activities
· Communication with 3rd parties
· Customer Management
· Stakeholder Management with both internal and external parties
· Ageing balances & unreconciled items
· Liaising with the banks and card acquirers
· Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods
· Manage & develop team of Credit Control and Accounts Receivable Administrators
· Responsible for providing strong leadership and guidance to team and the monitoring of qualitative performance measures for the team using Service Line Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
· Lead on Cash Office Accounting related projects and transformations
· Participate in personnel selection, directing, training and development of staff
· Provide clarification and trouble shoot solutions where needed for the team
· Carry out people management responsibilities
· Develop and continuously improve processes and procedures to facilitate accurate and timely financial information and reporting
· Actively challenge current ways of working to streamline processes to be more efficient and effective
· Engage externally with forums / wider industry to ensure Burberry solutions and processes are in line with best practice
· Fashion retail industry experience preferred.
· SAP experience preferred
· Proven leadership skill
· s in managing Cash Office Teams
· Strong financial modelling and analysis skills
· Luxury fashion retail industry experience preferred
· Track record for delivering continuous improvement. Can provide examples of having led local changes as a means of reflecting strategic-level changes
· Able to generate change commitment amongst teams
· Has built strong and sustainable relationships with a range of external stakeholders and influenced them effectively. Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || Finance || Credit & Collections || n/a ||