Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
A great opportunity to join our Selfridges team. As a Concession Manager you will useyour passion for the brand and product you will lead your team to deliver exceptional service while delivering an iconic experience for them. You will be responsible for the efficient running of your department and manage the overall store operations in accordance with the store’s business goals and objectives.
· Lead a high performing customer facing and service orientated department. Coach and provide feedback to the team as necessary to ensure all customers serviced in the department are given the full Burberry Experience in line with brand strategies.
· Set performance targets and drive department productivity and profitability e.g. conversion rates, sales, UPT, AUR, customer data capture etc.
· Plan your department schedule in accordance with peak business hours, ensuring customer traffic and demand can be met with the right employees at the right time
· Develop relationships and communicate effectively with relevant merchants for the department
· Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the luxury retail market and current fashion trends; show passion in visiting competitive brands’ stores and studying their collections.
· Be aware of current advertising and marketing campaigns, new product launches and promotions and ensure this is communicated to your team.
· Uphold and communicate the company culture and bring to life Burberry’s core values – Protect, Explore, Inspire.
· Cultivate customer relationships to create ‘loyal advocates’ for the Brand and leverage your team to achieve the highest quality of customer profile capture with every transaction.
· Drive the digital strategy and ensure employees are integrating technology into the customer journey using it to drive the ‘never out of stock’ mind set. Use digital tools such as chat, evernote, etc., to deliver messages to the team when not communicating face to face.
· Continue to develop and retain talented employees, by recognising and rewarding performance through monthly development plans and annual performance reviews
· Embrace brand messages and cascade company communications to all members of your department.
· Demonstrate the Burberry Leadership behaviours when dealing with all areas of the store and business
· Ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and people management skills. Proven ability to recruit, train, develop and assess talent.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to increase sales and profitability.
· Proven ability to drive and maintain exceptional customer service standards.
· Demonstrate sound commercial and brand awareness.
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
· Advanced knowledge of POS, store systems and comfortable using digital tools.
· A minimum of 2 years managementexperience with proven strong performance within a store/concession management role in a high volume and high turnover store
· Relevant experience in relation to the department’s product categories.
· Technical proficiency with SAP and MS applications.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Retail || Management || n/a ||