Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
We are looking for exceptional candidates who come from a broad dynamic background looking to be considered for aCashier position for our Regent St, Flagship store.Through your passion for the brand you will play an integral role in supporting the sales team in providing a seamless personalised iconic experience for customers, ensuring that every sale is managed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Understand and effectively follow all point of sale procedures e.g. Global Refund, VAT procedures, Customer Compliance, Till procedures (open / close of the store) cash handling, credit authorisation, acceptance of cheques, exchanges) etc.
· Ensure that all customer goods are wrapped and presented in accordance with company guidelines
· At all times present oneself professionally and in line with the brand image and company grooming guidelines
· Be perceptive of customers’ needs, listening and showing enthusiasm for the product and brand. Ensuring your actions help drive the customer experience
· Ensure you abide by the service excellence requirements with professional service, body language and behaviours
· Ensure till areas are maintained and replenished in conjunction with the stockroom team
· Be aware of the complaints procedure for customers
· Strive and assist the department in meeting sales targets
· Ensure customer loyalty by concluding the sale, quickly and efficiently whilst capturing customer data to ensure future contact, ensuring aftercare promises are kept
· Be aware of and follow all company procedures in relation to loss prevention and report all suspicious activity, cash or stock losses to the Asset and Profit Protection team and Store Management team
· Understand and comply with Health and Safety procedures in the store, participating in health and safety and loss prevention training as required
· Ensure that you are always up to date with company communication both internally and externally including new initiatives and products, promotional activity, brand features in the press, etc.
· Be available to work weekends, public holidays and adapt shift pattern when required
· Participate in events which may require a change in normal working hours to ensure a smooth operation at all times
· Carry out any additional duties supporting the sales team at busy times as directed by the management team
· Uphold the company culture and bring to life Burberry’s core values – Protect, Explore, Inspire
· Support the store by conducting till training, VAT training and investigations
· Support or conduct the Thomas’s closing procedure and reporting any discrepancies to the Thomas’s management
· To highlight to the managers any fraudulent or employee discount abuse that you are aware of or have witnessed
Qualifications & Skills
· Iconic Customer Service skills
· Excellent Communication skills – perceptive to customer needs
· Professional and team player
· A positive approach and willing to learn
· Brand passion and awareness is integral to the role
· Attention to detail
· Competent numeracy skills
· Highly organised and accurate
· Honest and reliable
· Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the business
· Entry level role into Operations or Sales
· Proven previous experience of cash handling
· Passion for technology with a proven ability to embrace new technology
· Proven passion forCustomer Experience
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Retail || Retail || n/a ||