Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Cash Office Accounting Administrator will assist and support the Order to Cash department with Cash Office administration activities, performing bank reconciliations and managing petty cash, ensuring that these align with Burberry’s global best practice. The role will be accountable for a set of legal entities, and will be responsible for the daily reconciliation of bank and control accounts, including the matching of cash and credit card transactions in multiple accounts and in multiple currencies.
In addition, the Cash Office Accounting Administrator will participate in the setting up of Order to Cash service delivery in Leeds. The Administrator will actively participate in training and testing during the transition of Order to Cash processes to the Burberry Business Services.
· Process petty cash claims and reimbursement requests
· Process cash allocations in SAP
· Daily reconciliation of bank and control accounts, including matching of cash and credit card transactions in multiple accounts, in multiple currencies.
· Participate in BBS set up projects and transition activities
· Responsible for capturing and documenting processes, as part of the transition
· Weekly reconciliation & replenishment of Burberry gift vouchers
· Production of Month End bank and control account reconciliations for allocated account
· Timely and accurately process intercompany processes
· Perform ad hoc Cash Office Accounting activities
· Continuous improvement focus to bring more operations into automated data flow when possible.
· Identify possible improvements to processes and procedures that facilitate accurate and timely financial information and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's degree.
· Previous experience in Cash Office Accounting.
· Knowledge of SAP experience (or any other purchasing order systems) preferred.
· Luxury fashion retail industry experience preferred.
· Ability to manage workload independently.
· Track record of working well under pressure to achieve deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely to non-finance team members.
· Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
· Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
· Presents a welcoming attitude to change and adjusts dynamically to continuous business change and improvement.
· Capable and proactively takes on different activities in line with business need.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || Finance || Order to Cash || n/a ||
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Bank, Banking, ERP, Fashion Retail, Administrative, Finance, Technology, Fashion