Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Business Expert for Merchandising, Allocation & Planning will act as a central point of reference representing the sub-functions, including: Regional Planning, Corporate Planning, Merchandising and Allocation.
The Business Expert will play a key role in delivering Operational Excellence Change for transformation of the Burberry Merchandising, Allocation & Planning function.This role offers a unique opportunity for the right individual to be part of shaping the future of Burberry; taking a strategic focus, developing a wide cross section of project skills, and gaining cross organisation visibility.
The Business Expert will work on multiple projects relevant to the function, and will coordinate the work of the relevant business stakeholders to ensure a joined up understanding of, and approach to landing change across Merchandising, Allocation & Planning as a whole.
· Communicate: Bring functional subject matter expertise in to the transformation, coordinating with stakeholders to fact find as appropriate. Communicate with functions to ensure the right awareness and understanding of change initiatives at the right time.
· Design New Ways of Working: Participate in Design workshops and preparation of, and contribute to As Is and To Be Process mapping and Requirements capture to Design strategic new ways of working for the function.
· Perform Impact Assessment: Compare As Is and To Be ways of working to understand exactly what will change (people, processes and systems), and to build and facilitate a Change Plan to prepare the function for coming change.
· Support: Support the function in transitioning to new ways of working through helping to define Cutover Plans, facilitating Cutover and contributing to Go No Go decisions. Through Stabilisation work hand in hand with the function to troubleshoot issues, champion best practices and facilitate adoption tracking.
· Operational experience in Planning, Inventory Management and advanced experience in Allocation & Replenishment is considered mandatory.
· Strong collective experience in Merchandising, Allocation & Planning.
· Proven experience in coordinating the work of others.
· Proven experience in ‘thinking outside the box’ / demonstrating an open attitude to change.
· Proven experience in presenting & facilitating meetings / workshops.
· Proven experience delivering in a time pressured environment.
· Process Mapping experience is desirable
· Past transformation / large scale Merchandising & Planning technology project experience is desirable
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Supply Chain || Supply Chain || n/a ||