Req ID: 108649
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a passion for customers and data and a proven background in iterative delivery working with distributed teams. You will be joining a new team that will combine customer data management and best of breed CRM technology to enable luxury customer experiences across sales, service, marketing, commerce and beyond.
The Business Analyst will play a key role on this team of skilled professionals in multiple locations, including product owners, project managers, development and data/platform teams. You’ll also be part of a wider community of business analysts within the digital/customer portfolio and across the organisation.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment and look for individuals who thrive in this type of setting. We also look for pragmatists and lateral thinkers with creative problem-solving skills, capable of confidently and effectively challenging scope and solutions for the better.
· Engaging with stakeholders cross-functionally and at all levels to analyse, ratify and document requirements and processes, identify dependencies and synergies relating to requirements
· Working with technical teams, product owners, creative/UX teams and third parties as needed to create technical acceptance criteria to meet stated business needs
· Identifying opportunities to iterate the product backlog and help product owners and delivery teams prioritise and phase deliverables to maximise business value
· Work in collaboration with product owners, architects, designers, other BAs and third parties to ratify, align and sense-check the ‘what' (requirement), the ‘why' (benefit) and the ‘how' (solution) for continuous improvements, major projects and everything in between
· Bridge between technical and business teams - identifying, understanding and articulating relevant business process change and technical impact of an initiative, during inception and discovery phases
· Facilitate lean inception and discovery activities to provide clarity and focus, using a range of tools and techniques to derive and gather high-level requirements, dependencies and create high level approach
· Collaborate with engineering team, QA and others to create clear, unambiguous business requirements in the form of detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
· Work with relevant stakeholders to highlight business process changes resulting from implementation of new features and/or initiatives and agree management of these to ensure project success
· Identify and understand impact of cross-stream technical and feature dependencies and action accordingly to ensure consistency in requirements across streams and platform
· Support, evolve and consistently contribute to continuous improvement in ways of working and outputs of the Digital BA team
· Be proactive in flagging, escalating and managing resolution of issues arising as they relate to the gathering or ratification of requirements or the health of the backlog/sprint
· Understanding of Customer Services/CRM tools and customer data management
· Understanding of IT infrastructure and ecommerce ecosystem
· Awareness of the Burberry Brand and luxury ecommerce/retail market
· A broad understanding of technologies used in building customer tools and propositions.
· Able to communicate technology and data issues with non-technical people
· Ability to contribute to idea development
· An aptitude for visual presentation, used to articulating ideas and user journeys through sketches, diagrams
· Thorough focus on end to end elements of delivery
· Structured, analytical and assertive mindset
· Great people skills with an ability to understand needs rather than spoken wants
· Ability to balance keeping things simple with detail orientation as appropriate
· BCS/other Business Analysis qualification or demonstrable experience
· Accredited and/or experienced in agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean)
· Familiar with Graphic suite tools like Omnigraffle, Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
· Good in Excel, powerpoint and Word, Visio etc
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || Information Technology || IT - Digital Commerce, Marketing and CMD || n/a ||
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, Graphic Design, Retail Sales, Technology, Customer Service, Creative, Engineering, Retail