Description de l'offre
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
To support the Product Supply within Supply Chain and develop Raw Materials Engineering as an area of excellence within the upstream commercial and technical development phase for Burberry.
· Develop an understanding of capabilities and capacities, of Raw Material Suppliers in the matrix
· Establish collaborative partnerships with suppliers, ensuring timely 2 way communication to accomplish material development tasks
· Develop a working knowledge of Burberry performance standards for textiles
· Learn to analyze and interpret material construction
· Coordinate submission of material specs and development test reports from suppliers.
· Execute technical approval process under supervision, including validation of material specification and development testing results.
· Input material specification into systems on an as need basis
· Work cross functionally with the Product Engineers
· Support the resolution of bulk material failures during the bulk testing process
· Support the resolution of bulk material failures during physical inspection process and
· Communicate key risks at cross functional meeting and technical internal forums
· Drive tracking and reporting systems in line with the business critical path
· Support the Sustainable Manufacturing and Corporate Responsibility teams
· Maintain physical libraries of materials by supplier every season
· Drive some technical projects
· Degree in Textile Technology or equivalent
· Sourcing/Procurement experience is a plus
· Quality Management experience is a plus
· Strong analytical ad organisation skills
· Curious about technologies and engineering
· Resilient, dedicated and social
· Eager to create partnerhisp both internally and externally
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Supply Chain || Supply Chain || n/a ||