Req ID: 103755
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The goal of this Planning function is to set up all relevant processes for the key product areas, drive the business (Revenue, EBIT) through strategic merchandise planning, controlled inventory management, actionable reporting and insightful commercial analysis. We achieve this by creating a world class, digitally enabled integrated end to end planning team, which is commercial, connects well cross functionally and delivers efficient merchandise processes.
In the Assistant Planner role you will be responsible for developing sales, margin and inventory plans, by analysing in-season trading and reacting to business trends; develop, implement and execute a replenishment strategy.
· Assist Regional Planner with input to (supported by local merchandising team) local buy option selection and image/essential/local volumes definition (strategic options to be pushed).
· Assist Regional Planner with input to seasonal planning including AUR assumptions, F&S Go-In inventory, F&S ST assumptions.
· Assist Regional Planner with input to seasonal floorset including recommending volume segmentations for options and working with Merchandising to ensure fasion buy is maintained.
· Provide critical input/recommendation to in-season trading for fashion and replenishment.
· Provide critical input to End of season sales and implement where required, forecasting opening sale inventory based on de-list, proposing sale discounts, uploading sale prices/discounts to central template and managing price/upload communication to store teams.
· Complete critical category analysis and reforecast on a weekly basis including replenishmenet, trade analysis, regional OTB, in-stock analysis and aged inventory for all channels.
· Complete critical category analysis to support pre-market/seasonal reviews including regional OTB, product exits, key product deep-dives and option productivity
· Experience in a similar role
· High degree of numeracy
· Work well under pressure to tight deadlines
· Intermediate to advanced excel skills
· Be able to work autonomously/ with limited supervision at times
· Proficient with the use of OTBs and understand their use
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Planning || Planning – Childrenswear || n/a ||
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Sales, Fashion Retail, Retail, Fashion