Req ID: 102396
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Passionate about fashion and with a good understanding of brands, catwalk collections and what is relevant and happening in the market place, the assistant designer will provide support and contribute with own knowledge and experience to create a modern women’s accessories collection with a strong fashion direction, using Burberry’s iconic heritage and attitude as a foundation.
· Research fashion and luxury markets internationally to identify trends and opportunities
· Together with Design team, follow creative direction and actively propose design stories and concepts
· Create mood boards and comprehensive sketch packs ready for launch
· Together with the Designer, work with Fabric/Material, Trim, Product Development, Merchandising and Global Sourcing teams as well as external suppliers to identify adequate materials, production methods and deliver prototypes
· Adhere to the corporate calendars and critical path
· Provide general support to studio where and when needed
· Proven women’s accessories design (handbags and leather goods) experience at an international luxury fashion brand.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
· Degree in Fashion Design at MA or Postgraduate level
· High-level of creative thinking and vision
· Refined hand sketching skills, with a flair for beautiful women’s accessories (handbags and leather goods)
· Passion for fashion and British heritage
· Ability to produce technical flat sketches
· Advanced Draping and Pattern Making skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Illustrator (CAD) essential
· Fluent French essential (conversation Italian a plus)
· Exceptionally organised
· Have the confidence to take responsibility for own decisions
· Proactive and autonomous
· Able to work at a fast pace and to remain calm under pressure
· Flexibility with working hours when necessary
POSTING DATE 06/06/2017
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION WITH CV AND PORTFOLIO BY 04/07/2017.
*APPLICATIONS WITHOUT PORTFOLIOS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED .
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || Creative || Design – Accessories || n/a ||
Job Segment: Drafting, Merchandising, CAD, Engineering, Retail, Bilingual